Wednesday, December 15, 2010

For the Fourth Day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 4 calling cards, 3 phenergan, 2 sets of gloves, and an antianxiety pill for Christy......

It's the night before we leave and all through the house, everything is stirring, even Zippy, the mouse! Actually she's a hamster. The children are starting to feel unsettled and Alia is begging us not to leave. I really hope this goes better than I think it might. I think I have everyone ready and scheduled for child and dog care, for karate lessons and Christmas dinners. The biggest and last thing to blog about are specific prayer requests, so here they are.

1. Safety and protection from flying to driving to walking and any other form of transportation.

2. Health-that we would not be sick throughout the whole trip and after.

3. Amazing bonding time with Malakai-that I would start to fall in love with him.

4. To be a blessing to the orphanage and care centers with donations and help.

5. That our luggage and donations would make it safely and for favor with customs.

6. That there would be no delays on the way home so we can make it home in time for Christmas.

7. Kids- for them to be safe, happy, healthy, and respectful.

8. For grandparents to have the energy to take care of the kids and for wisdom in decisions they need to make while taking care of them.

9. I'm not a good flyer, so smooth flights would be a blessing.

10. That Ollie (our dog) would do great and my parent's dog would be okay with the extra visitor.

11. For peace during the trip and especially coming home while leaving Malakai in Ethiopia.
12. That we would pass court quickly and that there would be no problems.



Okay, that's all I can think of right now. We'll post when we get to Rome. Thank you all for your friendship and love towards us. It means so much.

Caio,

Christy and Dustin

1 comment:

  1. Since we're speaking Italian: "buon natale!" Merry Christmas! You're both in my thoughts and prayers every step of the way! Will call Mona tomorrow or else Friday just to see how they are... Miss you already! HAVE A BLAST!
    LOVE,
    Lorisa

    ReplyDelete