Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas+Construction+Court=Crazy Christy

Time is ticking! We leave one week from tomorrow. I'm in a flurry trying to finalize details of flights, hotel, travel itinerary, child care, laundry, packing and I'm sure a ton of other stuff that you don't really want to hear about! Christmas shopping is done and with the help of a my friend's mother, my gifts are thankfully all wrapped. All the Christmas baking is done (well, at least the part that I am responsible for). All this among a house that is currently under construction for a remodeling project! With the small concern about attending court in Ethiopia, it's enough to push me a little over the edge! I'm terrified of flying, but with all the stress around here, maybe it will be a welcome relief to take my anti anxiety medication and hop on board that big airplane.
I am at peace knowing that the kids will be getting the best of care and even spoiled by both sets of grandparents while we are away. But being gone during the holiday season is going to be emotionally difficult. I think for the first time ever, we will be missing our annual Swedish lutefisk dinner. No tragedy over missing the lutefisk, but I'm sad to miss out on the tradition. Christmas with the rest of the family will be postponed until we can all be together. I don't want to miss out on the kids opening their gifts, so please pray that all goes well and that we don't have any delayed flights so we can get home to the rest of our forever family! I'll try to post again before we go!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to follow along and see the pics of that gorgeous baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goody another blog to follow!!
    I'm praying everyday for peace in your heart!!
    oh and I can't wait to hold the cutest baby in all of Ethiopia-- that is if you'll let me have him for 20 seconds-- ok ok how about 15??
    And ya know we can't wait to babysit for him (maybe? a year later)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When he's two, Team Matier can babysit him and teach him how to jump off the coffee table!!

    ReplyDelete